Thursday, February 18, 2016

Vikings returns

The series, "Vikings" has returned - the first episode of the 4th season began tonight.
It is, by far, my favorite show on TV. The history oozes and seeps through the costumes, sets, geographic locales, plot lines, and the actors.
The characters are mesmerizing, unlike any that I can recall appearing on American television.
The superstitions, myths and fantasies touch a deep-rooted, hidden place in my psyche, though I enjoy the journey as I do any entertainment, quietly and with eyes riveted on the panorama.
So, life is good despite the ache and sorrow that haunts my nights, and sometimes my afternoons, too.
I think of Debra and I feel the burn of unrequited yearning. Sometimes I believe she is with me, even now, though I know she is dead and no longer of this earth. I miss her.
Perhaps I find some glimmer of a solution to my self-imposed prison of sadness in the lives of the Vikings. Ruthless, remorseless, violent, sexual folk, who lived like any moment could be their last; living fearlessly and fiercely, with no concern for public shows of envy, anger, love, lust, greed, and all the human emotions and impulses shared by all people - save the very, very few who live on the razor's edge of enlightenment and truth, and hellish infinity of fear and pain.
So I am amused and glad that Vikings has begun a new season. I wonder what mysteries will unfold through the 10 episodes (or so) that tell the story.
Be well. Live long, love truly, and prosper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home