Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Sleep deprived

It's 12:58 a.m. here in Texas, and I figure I'll fall asleep around 3:30-4:00 a.m. That's been the pattern since November and it doesn't figure to alter anytime soon.
I get up at 6:30 a.m. so, as is obvious, I wake up feeling dull-witted, sleepy, and running on fumes.
Not that I choose this warped sleeplessness - it's just happening. I don't dream - or I don't recall dreaming - and I don't feel any ominous sensations relative to my out of whack biorhythm.
Certainly makes for a surreal mindset during the day. It's like I'm floating from room to room, place to place, and I am serene, for the most part.
Kind of weird, really!
But there it is.
I'm typing this in an attempt to settle my butt in a chair and release any tension that cycles through my muscles and bones.
I miss D. I miss her smile, her laugh, her twinkling eyes, and her corny jokes. I miss her soft skin, her beautiful fingers as they touched my arm and chest. And I miss her legs wrapped around mine.
My life has become an unfinished Twilight Zone episode; it has a plot, a transition, and some good lines, but no resolution.
 I'm just sitting here making silent words to keep me company.
Hope you're enjoying restful sleeps and golden slumbers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home