Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Feeling like 40 pounds of crap in a 4-pound sack! My physical state is a mess and my mind is befogged and muddled. I hate it when I land on a one-day-off schedule and return to work barely decompressed, which, of course, is the case this week. Because we're shorthanded, a chronic condition at my place of employment, I was enlisted to cover for the boss yesterday. Subsequently, I've had about, oh, let's see, NO SLEEP! And I'm feeling it this afternoon. I have to be at work in about one hour and I'm not sure I can keep my eyes open for the next nine. But what are ya gonna do? Eh?

At any rate, just watched North Carolina Sen. (?) Edwards, a Dem, announce his candidacy for president of the United States on Comedy Central's "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart." Seems an unlikely spot to break the news to the world but, hey, the world's becoming more and more screwy each day so who am I to question the wisdom of his choice?

Ergh! My stomach is bubbling, my head is reeling and my body is numb. Bummer!

And on that note, might I suggest that you read Mark Bowles (sp?) latest article in the The Atlantic Monthly. Bowles, author of "Blackhawk Down," puts the fine art of torture under his literary microscope and he comes up with some startling revelations, to say the least. Or maybe it's just me.

(Deep sigh ...) So Ben and J-Lo have split; the French and Germans are playing hard to get relative to Iraq and the U.N. Security Council's role there; my sense of detachment is troubling at the moment, so I hope it passes quickly; and The History Channel is relating a story about Burma and the Japanese atrocities commited there during WWII.

Clearly, I'm too obscure even to myself to make any sense at all, so I'll just wish you all (and you know who you are) a very happy day and a luxurious night.

Perhaps my wish will boomarang on me – please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home