Tuesday, July 06, 2010

My teeth are on edge and I'm feeling paranoid about  the universe plotting my downfall!
But I wanted to note that Christopher Nolan is the Jimi Hendrix of filmmakers (if you don't get the reference, don't even think about it, OK). He's on a roll, to say the least, and his scripts are so inventive, imaginative, slightly out-of-whack and slippery, as well as colorful and, often, funny.
But that's neither here nor there.
I'm angry and pissed off and razor's-edge edgy at the moment, all because God made me that way.
Well, actually all because people are "bugging" me with trivial concerns about housecleaning, paying bills, jobs, cars, child-rearing and community building. You know what I'm talking about – those pain-in-the-ass issues that plague our truest, deepest, realest selves; the expansive, devil-may-care selves that we hide behind our masks of normalcy.
That mad wild child that lives within our conscious desire but is suppressed by our manufactured conscience and the echoes of old people carping about going to heaven or hell or doing the right thing or being a "good" person, is really fighting the fight to save our soles and our souls from, you know, all those ridiculous things that waste our time while TIME wastes our souls.
Ah well. F$@% It!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home