Sunday, June 13, 2004

What a crummy week!

Well, with a title like that it's easy to tell this won't be an uplifting entry, eh? Yea, I had a fall-off-a-cliff, bust my ass on a rock, tumble down a well kind of week, and it's not over yet!

All day, for the past three days, I've been battling to cope with a toothache that just won't let up. I've gone through three tubes of Orajel, a 20-percent benzocaine salve that I squirt into the cavernous hole in my lower left molar and which numbs the agony for a few minutes. But the damned thing is causing me headaches and even when the tooth pain is numbed, the headaches go on.

It makes work very difficult. And on the subject of work, I f*^#@! up on Friday when – for the first time in months – took a dinner break. I didn't think about the fact that the editor was waiting for the final pages of the section so she could approve them and she got pissed (I'm told) when she learned I had left.

I expect Tuesday will be a thrilling reception when I return to the grind.

C'est la vie.

Well, I'm off to see my baby. Unfortunately she too is suffering miserably, only she has MULTIPLE cavities in her mouth, so her pain reaches heights that I can only imagine with a shiver.

Ah well. So much for this bunch of babble. I'm hot, sweaty and tired and I don't feel like much of anything except crap. So I'm out.

Here's wishing you happy trails.