Friday, April 23, 2004

In honor of Earth Day I will not litter, or – as we say 'round these parts – "Don't mess with Texas.

Well, it's another Friday night and I'm in a hurry to get to my baby's house. But I've got about 10 minutes to spare so I thought I'd just splatter some verbiage on this blog.

I got a new harddrive (25 Gb) installed in my little iMac; also intalled DivX and Xvid so I can now watch DVD video - very cool! I've got a copy of "Kill Bill: Vol. 1" installed on my harddrive and I have yet to tire watching it. Tarantino is still one of our best directors, without a doubt!

He also has a great sense of humor, which dovetails nicely with his diamond-sharp eye for transition, foreshadowing and lighting to tell as much of the story as the dialogue.

I hope to see "Kill Bill: Vol II" this weekend – maybe Sunday.

I'm wondering if we'll survive, as a nation, the rest of Bush '43's term, let alone another full term with him as president. Seems to me we're in a bathtub of shit in Iraq and his policies seem haphazard at best with regard to that little war.

I feel sad for the soldiers fighting that battle because I'm afraid it's going to become all too clear that Bush had personal reasons for attacking Saddam; reasons that far outweighed any REAL threat presented to America or its allies by that ancient, backward culture.

And now I get this powerless feeling in my gut with each new front page announcement of Marines or Army personnel being sacrificed. It's a bummer, to say the least.

So that's my two-cents and my 10 minutes worth.

I added a link to my co-worker's, Jeff, blog, which I think many will find worthwhile for any number of reasons, not the least being he's a creative guy!

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home