Thursday, October 14, 2004

Wearing out quickly under pressure ...

Man, it's been a rugged two weeks and this is only a taste of things to come. We're installing new software at work and it's going to require an 80-hour course for everyone on the copy desk (that means me). Translation: We'll be coming to work at 8 a.m. and taking the DTI (software) course until noon. Then we'll be returning to work at 1 p.m., 2 p.m. or 3 p.m., depending on the day of the week and the schedule. We'll all be working six-day weeks and this will go on for the entire month of January! Ugh!

And so it goes. I guess, philosophically, I should be grateful that I have a job to complain about, but seriously, I'm not sure I can take the sleep deprivation that will, necessarily, accompany the imminent scheduling. I'm determined, but that's not always going to pull me through (how well I know).

Time for me to go.Debbi is waiting for her grapefruit juice and I'm looking forward to seeing her face when I give her the birthday gift I've purchased for her.

Here's wishing you all the best of everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home